Today’s Workout: 4.75 miles on the AlterG treadmill, PT exercises
Before I get into anything else, I want to share with you all an easy, quick, and tasty recipe I made for breakfast the other day! Being off from school has allowed me to try out cool recipes and actually eat a real breakfast (instead of my normal on-the-go Clif bar). I love doing this and wish I could do it all the time but somehow get paid handsomely In my dreams!
Light Spinach and Feta Veggie Frittata
*This feeds ~2 people. Adjust ingredients as needed for more people!
- 1 eggs and 6 egg whites, beaten together
- Light or fat-free Feta Cheese (I used TJs fat free feta)
- 1 small potato, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, drained
- Black pepper & salt
- 1 teaspoon light butter
1. Preheat oven to broil setting.
2. In a bowl, use a fork to blend together the egg and egg whites, pepper and salt for seasoning.
3. Heat a non-stock, oven safe skillet (I used a 9.5 inch diameter pan) over medium-high heat. Add light butter to the pan and melt.
4. Add potato and saute about 5 minutes (you may have to cover the pan to help potatoes cook on the inside). Add the onion and pepper to the pan and cook until all three vegetables reach desired softness.
5. Mix in the spinach and cook until warm. Pour egg mixture into pan and stir with wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the mixture is spread out evenly between vegetables.
6. Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the mixture sets on the bottom and begins to set on the top. Sprinkle the feta cheese on top of the mixture as it sets.
Today was day 2 of the 2012 Runner’s World Summer Running Streak. I spoke about it before, but basically the challenge is to run everyday, at least one mile a day, from Memorial Day to July 4. Yesterday was my 4 mile race and today I did 4.75 miles on the Alter G antigravity treadmill at physical therapy. I love that thing! If only I could run at 70% of my body weight all the time. It was a very pleasant run and I watched a daytime show “The Revolution”, hosted by Tim Gunn. It was the first time I’ve ever seen this show and it was interesting for the treadmill but in my opinion.. its not really DVR-worthy.
I also got some great deliveries in the mail recently: Nuun tablets and Sweat Pink swag!
In case you don’t know about Nuun, according to the website it is “a family of drink tabs that help you drink more water so you can feel good and keep going all day.” Basically Nuun is little tablets that you put into 16 oz of water that give it a flavor and help you stay hydrated (because you are drinking water) and energized (because it includes vitamins). And it tastes good!
I’ve tried a few flavors and love it! I don’t drink coffee so some mornings I’ll have this to wake me up when I’m super tired. And it works for me, I always feel energized and alert after drinking it. Plus, I’m basically attached at the hip to my water bottle during the day so this is a nice way to get some flavor in there (without the sugar or carbonation). I also drink it before, during, and/or after workouts to keep hydrated, replenish electrolytes, and to prevent cramps.
I have a few giveaways coming up and one of them will be some Sweat Pink laces to a few readers. They are super cute and pink (my favorite color) which you will love! Stay posted for a few giveaways in the future, I have to set them up first.
Have you ever tried Nuun? Favorite flavor?
Did those doing the RW Summer Run streak run today?
Sweat Pink Ambassadors: Do you love your swag as much as I do?!!