Yesterday’s Workout: Body Sculpt class @Crunch
Today’s Workout: physical therapy lower body exercises
1. I need some advice on the first of my three random things today. What does everyone eat for breakfast? Do you have time for a sit down one or just eat on the go? Now that I’m at fieldwork I have to wake up super early to get there. I also have issues and am typically nauseous when I wake up for the first half hour or so, and because of that I usually eat on my walk to the subway or to work. But I need something that really fills me up and wanted to ask for some ideas
I’ve been drinking protein shakes from Premier Protein and they are great but I need to order more and I’m also not sure if I’d rather drink those as a snack. But I’m confused!! I need some ideas of fast and easy and/or on-the-go breakfast ideas everyone uses. Something filling and healthy, unlike this combo…
2. I’ve made a few food discoveries this week! First is a Kombucha drinkI found at my local deli. I’ve heard about Kombucha before but never tried it. Basically, Kombucha is a sweetened tea that’s was fermented by a symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast. It claims to help detox, promotes probiotics, and even helps treat arthritis among other things. Now, I don’t know if there’s any evidence for any of that, but I figured it couldn’t hurt.
The one that I tried had a bubbly texture and also had pear and ginger flavors. It was certainly an interesting after-taste but after I got used to it, I liked it! Not bad. I definitely want to try other flavors and brands to compare the taste but I’m definitely not scare of it anymore haha. And hey, if it helps my achy back in the meantime then so be it.
That same deli also started selling Skinny Pop popcorn. A while back I won a bag from Heather@Run, Eat, Play and LOVED it, but couldn’t find it anywhere near me. Only 39 calories per cup! Well yesterday was my lucky day.. it was in stock, and tons of it. Now I can eat popcorn guilt free all the time
3. So this week I also made a few purchases I am excited about. First of all, I got my Sweat Pink sweat activated tank top from Fit Approach! Its super pink and a perfect length, plus when you sweat the words “Stay Strong” appear in the back.. such a cute idea! Can’t wait to SWEAT PINK in this tank Want one? You can order one here.
Another purchase I make this week (finally) was a Sparkly Soul headband, in pink of course. I tweeted yesterday asking people if these actually stay on your head during working out and the overwhelming consensus was YES! They sell these at my PT office and I’ve been eying them for a while now so I finally took the plunge. I haven’t worked out in it yet, but I wore it home from PT and it didn’t move. That’s HUGE for me, headbands never stay on my head.
Also, I won a gift card to PlanetGear.com from Skinny Runner a few months ago and finally got around to ordering from the website! I ordered a cute pink dress from a a store called Soybu and got it in the mail today. I was SO excited to try it on and luckily it fits perfectly! I’m always nervous about ordered clothes online (sizing is tricky) but this worked out well. Can’t wait to wear it out. It has a built in bra (woohoo!) and is racerback too so it can be dressed up or down. Plus the material is so comfortable.
Three things questions:
3 things I’m embarrassed about right now (and now sharing with the blogging world):
1. I killed my bamboo plant. Seriously, who kills bamboo?
2. My podiatrist added some pads to my orthotics and now they are huge and crazy looking.
3. I haven’t been doing as much cardio as I should be :/ Fixing that soon!
3 favorite Trader Joe’s items:
1. Almond butter with sea salt
2. Chocolatey Cat Cookies
3. Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette Dressing
4. Vegetable root chips (I had to add a fourth, even though I could talk forever about TJs)
3 favorite NYC parks to hang out in during the summer:
1. Central Park
2. Brooklyn Bridge Park
3. Bryant Park
Tell me random three things about your day.
Answer any of the three things questions above!
Also, please make sure to enter my GIVEAWAY for Drink Chia here. Open until June 24!