Its that time again! Thursdays are the best.. one day closer to the weekend. Plus, its my Three Things Thursday post and I know you all wait all week for this.. wait, you don’t? I’ll pretend you do This is a bit of an abridged version because of time constraints in my crazy life, sorry!
1. I am so honored/excited/thrilled to have been accepted as a FitFluential Ambassador!
Fitfluential is an awesome organization of women and men who love fitness and healthy living and love to share that with others in many different ways. As an Ambassador, I now will have chances to work with brands associated with this group, network and meet other people who have similar interests to me, and learn about different types of fitness and fitness products. Plus, I love the Fitfluential mission that promotes balance. From the website:
Fitness is all about fitting in to your LIFE. We’ll focus on four primary areas in everything we do: Eat, Sleep, Move, Enjoy.
- Eat- the fuel our body needs that tastes great and helps us reach our goals, whether it is weight loss, building muscle, or learning to eat a more sustainable diet
- Sleep – the importance of rest in getting fit cannot be disputed, and you must get enough sleep so your days are energized
- Move- from walking to bodybuilding, from Crossfit to yoga, let’s move and keep our heart and body healthy
- Enjoy- life must be enjoyed and there are times when a cookie or a cookout and a day off is just what you need.
By focusing on these four components of a healthy LIFE, we promote balance.
So its safe to say I’m SO excited about this and have already started meeting some of the awesome, inspiring individuals who are also Ambassadors. I can’t wait to really begin working with this group and getting more involved, this is such an great day and I really am so thankful!
2. I am also super lucky to be a Sweat Pink Ambassador with Fitapproach. Truly, it such an honor to be part of both these great groups and I really appreciate being accepted! Creating this blog really was the best decision I’ve made, its been one great experience after another! I still can’t believe that these groups think I’m good enough to be a part of them, but I won’t tell them that
Anyway, I joined the Sweat Pink Race Program recently, which is a program ANYONE can join (Ambassdors or not, everyone is welcome). Once you sign up, you get some awesome gear (see the next photo) and can run in races as part of the group! Other Race Program members organize meet-ups at races where we can all sweat pink together! How awesome is that?!!
So today I got my sweat pink drinking glass, buttons, and of course pink laces in the mail today! The tech shirt is coming soon but for now I’ve got these awesome things. I absolutely love this group and how creative they are in reaching out and connecting people. I have a few Sweat Pink bootcamps and meet-ups coming up soon in NYC so stay tuned! Anyone in the NYC area going to the Ambassador meet-ups in August?
3. I finally got the chance to try a Shakeology sample I got from Jen recently. Thanks so much Jen for the sample, I really appreciate it! Shakeology is a protein/nutrient powder that can be used as a meal replacement to help lose weight and they have it in multiple flavors. I opted for chocolate because, well.. who am I kidding? I’ll always choose chocolate.
When I decided to make this, I basically didn’t want to mess with it too much so I mixed the powder with milk and added a few cubes of ice. Nice and simple, although there’s cooler recipes on the website.
I was surprised at how dense this shake was, I wasn’t expecting it but I really liked it. It could have also been more dense because I added some ice cubes but I like my drinks really cold! I definitely enjoyed the flavor and would recommend the chocolate for sure.
I wasn’t expecting this to fill me up enough to replace a meal but it did! I usually eat a small, quick breakfast so that was the meal I replaced this with and it worked! I drank it at about 8:30am last weekend and didn’t eat again until around 12:30. Pretty good. Definitely worth a try…
And that’s my three things for today! Sorry, no time for the three things questions. Please forgive me!
PS. I just wanted to share that I learned that I LOVE interval workouts. I ran a 6X400 yesterday and the run went by so fast. Not sure why I didn’t like doing these before but it was really, really fun changing speeds! Thankfully my training plan includes intervals and I can’t wait to keep including them into my repertoire. Who else likes intervals?
Tell me three random things about your day?
Have you ever tried Shakeology?
Any good news lately?