Today’s Workout: Physical Therapy
First of all, check out my guest post on Katie’s blog. Plus, read her blog in general… she’s awesome!!
Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July yesterday (to my American friends or any foreign friends who celebrated too!)! I usually do my Three Things Thursday posts today so I figured in honor of the holiday I would make this a themed post and also get to tell you a little bit about how I celebrated. Here’s the three best three hings about my Fourth:
1. THE VIEW: Karl and I hosted a party on our roof deck with some friends. We are lucky enough to have a fantastic view of the city from Brooklyn so we took advantage. Actually, Karl sat outside from around 10am to secure the best seats on the roof so we would have a nice view for the Macy’s fireworks.
I worked out, ran 2 miles (yay!) and ran errands in the morning to get supplies and food. Trader Joe’s had patriotic chips so of course I had to get them. Basically this was a team effort from me and Karl for this party.. so worth it!
2. THE COMPANY: We had a bunch of friends and co-workers over for the party, plus some family. My sisters came by and we all had a great time together. My sister’s and I always have fun no matter where we are, seriously we can make a game out of anything. So yesterday we played a drinking game by watching the cars on the BQE. We drank every time we saw a taxi… ended up with 40 of them in 10 minutes. Although it sounds like it could be boring, this was such a fun game because of the company. When the three of us are together its always ridiculous!!
3. THE FOOD AND DRINKS: We had a ton of snacks and food, as well as drinks. I got chips and everything for all our guests but tried to keep it relatively healthy with some hummus, carrots, and pretzels. Plus I knew I would be drinking sangria so I didn’t want to go TOO crazy. But I’ll admit I had some pizza, couldn’t resist! The best part was the sangria for me, some friends made it yesterday and it soaked overnight. It came out amazing, I was in love! We also had a ton of beer but I didn’t go for any. Sangria for me on a super hot day.. and some sunscreen for my pastiness.
Three favorite holiday indulgences:
3. Chips and guacamole
Three favorite types of fireworks that are now illegal in NYC (like everything else is):
1. Sparklers – remind me of my childhood!
3. Smoke bombs
Three favorite summer adult drinks:
3. Ice cold light beer, preferably at a baseball game
Tell me about your holiday! What did you do?
Do you live in a place where fireworks are legal? Which ones did you have?
Answer any of the three things questions above!