Its Thursday.. which means its the day for one of my most favorite posts: Three Things Thursday!
1. I had some amazingly funny/entertaining/awesome search terms that led people to my blog in the past few weeks. I know people liked when I shared some last time so I figured I’d do it again. Also, I have to tell someone what people Google because it makes me laugh. Here’s some of the best ones:
- exercise it band while cleaning
- even after 6 weeks, it band strikes when do elliptical
- lack of sleep due to olympics
- i can’t study
- i’m loving my new bike
- pink does she drink shakeology
- marathon 19 degrees tights or shorts
Its tough for me, but my favorite is the first one.. “exercise IT Band while cleaning.” First of all, the IT Band can’t be exercised because it isn’t a muscle, and second I don’t think I ever talked about exercises while cleaning since I hate cleaning and hardly do it. But whoever this was, thank you for your Google search and I hope you found what you were really looking for (probably not my blog haha)!
2. So this week my exercise and running was virtually non-existent until today. A weird thing happened to me this week: I was sick. First of all, I never ever ever ever get sick. Did I mention never? It happens once every few years and of course it chose to hit me in the middle of the summer. I go all winter being healthy and avoiding illness while the rest of the world is sick, but in August it hits me. What gives?!
Of course I freaked out and overloaded on Vitamin C, medicine, and tea. I didn’t get much rest though because fieldwork has been kicking my butt. I didn’t have the energy to run nor did I think it was a good idea, even though I wanted to. I had to practice some serious self-restraint though to do that (I swear my Brooks were calling my name, or maybe it was too much cold medicine…)
I credit some of my recovery to this awesome new tea from Sun Chlorella USA called Infuse Your Mood. They contacted me recently to review their tea and it came at the right time. I am going to talk about this product more in depth soon (and maybe host a giveaway but I will say that its really fantastic and helped me a bunch. Yay for good herbal tea!
3. I experimented for the first time with overnight oats! I had never heard of this before but read about them on a bunch of blogs and finally tried it out. I put some oats, Fage greek yogurt, skim milk, chia seeds, cinnamon, and a packet of truvia sweetener. I liked it but I think I need to play around with it more before I share the recipe with everyone. I really like that it is super filling and also that I can make it and eat it over a few days since is stays in the fridge.
I can’t wait to keep playing around with a recipe and, when I come up with one I love, I’ll share it with you all! Do you recommend any specific recipes or ingredients?
Three new things I did this week
1. Started an Instagram account (@runlikeagrl). Follow me and I’ll love you forever
2. Took a cab to work instead of the subway. I was sick so it was necessary. Oh, and its SO much faster.
3. Signed up for the rest of my 9+1 NYRR races
Three favorite foods at the moment
1. Love Grown Foods Granola: cocoa goodness flavor. Love.
2. Clif Bar: Gary’s Panforte flavor
3. Chia seeds
Three plans for the weekend
1. Run some distance. I miss running.
2. Ride my bike somewhere that someone can’t hit into me this time.
3. Spend time outside and go to a park.
Tell me three things about your day!
Answer any of the three things questions above.