Happy Thursday! One more day til the weekend and I can’t wait. Can we just fast forward to Friday evening?! Since we can’t do that, I’ll try to get you through with another edition of Three Things Thursday.
1. I haven’t been a good runner this week. Things have been so busy for me at work and honestly I’ve been going out with friends much more than usual this week. I’m trying to soak in some of summer before its gone and trying to enjoy myself a bit since fieldwork took over my life these past few months. So today I was really tired, like almost falling asleep at 8pm tired, but Karl talked me into going for a quick run.
I only got in 2 miles tonight but I’m happy I did. It would be no good to skip my runs all week and then go out this weekend for my 8 miles! I haven’t skipped any weekend runs or long runs in my schedule, but I need to get better about keeping with my weekday schedule. Its just so hard!
2. I got some goodies in the mail this week! I love getting packages, even though I know whats coming its still fun. You should see me around Christmas time So one of the items I received was some amazing Aspaeris Pivot compression shorts! If you remember, these shorts were my first ever giveaway and I fell in love with them the first time I put them on. Well the amazing people at Aspaeris sent myself and my female RTB Relay teammates some shorts for our race because they are officially one of our sponsors! And we cannot be more excited!
I didn’t know much about compression shorts when I first started running but they make a world of difference for me. I usually wear them after long runs or races, but sometimes during runs too if I’m feeling spunky. The compression is great and I definitely notice a longer recovery time when I don’t wear them afterwards. Now all I need is a Team Sparkle skirt to wear over these shorts (I’m not confident enough to just wear them as is ) and I’ll be good!
3. Another awesome package came to me this week from the great people at Green&Blacks. I mentioned this chocolate brand once before on my blog and was contacted by them to sample some flavors and work with them on recipes! Since I was born a chocolate lover and am in LOVE with this brand, I was obviously thrilled.
What I love about Green&Blacks is that its organic and just tastes real. Sometimes I have chocolate and you can tell theres so much added. But this just tastes natural and amazing, especially the 70% dark chocolate which is my go-to. They also sent me a few other flavors that I haven’t tried before and I can’t wait to try them out. I’m planning some recipes now and ways I can incorporate these into recovery food/drinks after runs! I love planning recipes when chocolate is involved
*Green&Blacks provided me with free samples of chocolate to test and review, but as always all opinions expressed are my own and reflect my own thoughts.
I also picked up some snacks for running yesterday. I am on a mission to find which brand/style I like best so I bought a bunch of types. I got Honey Stinger waffles, chews, and Gu chomps. I know I’m not a fan of the Gu gels so I didn’t go for them, but I’m actually really excited to test these. Anyone tried any of these?
Three things questions!
Three favorite TV shows right now:
1. Great Food Truck Race
3. Big Bang Theory re-runs
Three top foods I ate this week:
2. Malaysian flat noodles
3. Peanut Butter&Co. Chocolate PB
Three things I’m excited for right now:
1. My Duathlon this weekend! (excited and nervous)
2. RTB Relay in October
3. Finishing my first fieldwork next week!
What is your favorite brand of chocolate?
What is your favorite running snack/gel for fuel?