Yay for Thursdays! One more day til the weekend thankfully, I need to sleep up a storm this weekend to make up for lost time. Thanks alot Olympics! Its also August. Um, when did that happen?! Snuck up on me for sure. So I’m merging my Thursday post with my August goals, aren’t you all lucky
1. Start training for the Reach the Beach Relay in October.
Met! I started last week and will post my training plan some time the next few days!
2. Complete the July Ab Challenge from @RunToTheFinish.
Not met, whoops! I kind of knew deep down this was too much for me, my life is too crazy right now with Fieldwork to commit to an everyday challenge. I did do some of this though and the workouts were great!
3. Try at least 3 new foods.
Definitely met. This month I tried: prunes, cous cous, my entire foodie pen pal package, Shakeology, Love Grown granola, Chunks of Energy, Justin’s dark chocolate PB cup, and so many more!
4. Go on a bike trip to somewhere beautiful and take lots of photos.
Karl and I went on some great bike rides, unfortunately I had a run-in with the giant wall on the Brooklyn Bridge so that wasn’t fun. But we did bike to the seaport and to Queens. Next time, I’m getting out of the city!
5. Go to the beach and swimming!
Not met So sad about this.
New goals for August:
1. Run 45-50 miles this month, following my training schedule.
2. Run NYC Summer Streets.
3. Create an awesome fall race schedule.
4. Do strength training 2-3x a week, especially lower body.
5. Go to the beach and swimming! (carrying this one over)
2. I had the best cookies ever today: smores and triple chocolate chunk. Today after work my friends and I went for dinner and then spotted Insomnia Cookie across the street. I saw this place on the Food Network once a while back and never got the chance to try it. So of course we HAD to go in. Basically, its a kick-butt cookie store that’s open until 2:30am. Dangerous but oh so good!
The cookies are warm and gooey. Yes, they are amazing and I’m addicted. So glad they don’t have one of these near me because they DELIVER too and it would be so tempting.
3. I’ve been running. Yes I said it, and I have motivation! It sort of just came back on its own once I got myself out there a few times and remembered how much I love being a runner. Its hard to put into words, but I know other runners know what I mean. Plus, now that my knee is feeling better its helping mentally for sure!
I am running 3-4 times a week because of time restraints and also because I think my body works better when I run a little less. I’m trying to learn some lessons from my first half marathon training and the injury that followed so it doesn’t happen again. Training plan to come soon by the way, I’ll share it with you all!
This weekend I have 6 miles planned and I’m so scared! Its been a while since I hit that number so I’ve got some crazy nervousness going on. I’ll let you all know how it goes
The three things questions!
Three favorite summer Olympic sports:
1. Track and Field (would you expect anything else!?)
3. Beach Volleyball/Swimming: tied!
Three things I need more of right now:
1. Sleep- thanks Olympics for keeping me up so late!
2. Free time for running and relaxing.
3. Fruits and veggies! I’ve been slacking.
Three goals for my weekend:
1. Attend the Sweat Pink Ambassador NY bootcamp Saturday
2. Run 9 miles
3. Read a magazine
Tell me three things about your day!
What are your August goals?
Answer any of the three things questions.