I’ve been slacking in the Three Things Thursday department! Whoops. But today I am feeling good, am back to being a normal human, and my anxiety is finally at a low, which brings me to my first “thing”…
1. I AM OFFICIALLY AN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST! Whew, this is my biggest news maybe ever. After a lifetime of schooling and months of studying for my licensing exam, I found out this morning that I passed and am officially an OT! I’ve been waiting for over 2 weeks for the results and could barely sleep last night in anticipation, so I woke up super early to check my results online. To relax myself I have been baking excessively (as you will be able to tell later on in this post) and offsetting the calories by working out/running. Luckily this morning it was GREAT news!
Even though my graduation ceremony was last summer, passing this exam actually marks the completion of everything I’ve worked towards. Today I am the happiest girl in the world and can’t wait to celebrate. I love OT!
2. Last weekend I was lucky enough to attend an event hosted by Pilates Pro Works NYC and organized by my friend Kristine. I am already in love with this studio and go here often for TRX and Pilates Reformer classes so I was thrilled the event was happening here. They have GREAT instructors and the studio itself is big and beautiful. They also have great customer service and are super friendly.
The class we were all taking that day was a 30/30 class: 30 minutes of Pilates Reformer, 30 minutes of TRX Barre. I have taken the Reformer class in the past and this one did not disappoint, it was as good and fun as it was in my previous experiences. I really love the uniqueness of this class and using the Fit Former machine!
The TRX Barre portion was also very good, although my preference was to the Reformer. I typically take a regular TRX class at Pilates Pro Works that I love, so I think Barre may just not be for me in general. But it was still a really good workout and fun to try!
Kristine really went all out in planning this and had snacks and goodies for everyone at the end of the class. She also hosted two raffles: a PPW hoodie and a Nike Fuel Band. Everyone put their name in and to my surprise I won the Nike FuelBand! I was so excited and have been addicted to it ever since. Its fantastic! (full review to come when I use it more).
This event was also a great opportunity to meet in person some other bloggers and ladies who I’ve “met” via social media! They were all amazing and we had a great time at the class. Its times like these I remember how much blogging has changed my life and introduced me to so many great people!
3. My last random thing is just to share some photos I took recently around the city. I went to Staten Island for a doctor’s appointment the other day (yes, my doctors are all still there) and was sitting on the ferry just looking out the window. I was such a nice day and one of those that I remembered how much I love NYC. Some days its super stressful and I want to do is get out of here, but then there are those times I remember how lucky I am.
I was taking the subway the other day too and saw tiling work from the old subway lines when they were under independent operators (like the Independent Subway System) rather than exclusively the MTA. It is fun to randomly run into things like this and stop quickly to think about the history.
Three movies I want to see:
1. Wreck it Ralph
2. Oz the Great and Powerful
3. Catching Fire (yes, I know I still have a long wait for this one)
Also, if you haven’t already, enter my awesome Plant Fusion protein powder giveaway here.
Tell me three things about your week/day.
Answer any of the three things questions above.