Did you miss me?! I know, I know.. I’ve been a bad blogger. But there’s a GOOD reason for it. It’s official, Run Like a Grl is now self-hosted (looong over-due). Of course, I am pathetic with technology so I had lots and lots of help from the lovely Becca (who I get to meet next week at the Nike Half!). Because of the transfer, I couldn’t post until it was complete. Hence, the blog silence.
I am trying to get all my subscribers transferred over from my old page, but just in case, you can always go to the sidebar and re-follow my blog so you get my posts by email. OR you can follow through bloglovin‘. Thanks, loves!
Now for all the updates. So what exactly have I been doing in the past two weeks? Well, here’s the short version:
1. I cried, wore my race shirt, and ran for Boston. The events in Boston upset me more than I can put into words and I have been struggling to recover, despite not even being there. But I had friends there. Other runners were there. And when you attack one of us, you attack us all. I will be running in blue and yellow this weekend in the memory of those affected, and hope many others runners do the same.
2. I started my new job! This is the third week of my new job, and first one as a licensed occupational therapist. I am absolutely loving it so far and am happy to be treating patients again after time off to take my exam.
3. I went hiking at Bear Mountain in upstate NY. Karl and I took a day trip to Bear Mountain and went on a really challenging trail to test out our Merrell hiking shoes.
First, the shoes are AMAZING (mine have Vibram soles). Second, it was an amazing workout I was seriously sweating even though it was a chilly day. Plus, its fun and I didn’t fall once. Score!
4. I will be teaming up with Reebok to run the Spartan Race on June 2nd in Tuxedo, NY with a group of awesome Fitfluential Ambassadors. I am so lucky to be able to do this and recently got a bunch of awesome gear from Reebok. I’ll be sharing them with you, but this weekend I tried out the Reebok Sublite Duo shoes and loved them! I only did some walking in them, but they have a roomy toe-box and good support. Oh and the color is an obvious love of mine..
The Sublite Duo is made of a lightweight, dual-density foam technology which allows it to be super light but also supportive. As someone who gets occasional plantar faciitis and ITBS, I need some arch support in my shoes and these feel great in terms of that. I also like that the midsole has a softer density directly under the call of the foot. They also don’t need any breaking in which = love.
5. I signed up for the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge 3.5 mile race in June with my new company. I have always wanted to run this race so I signed up as soon as I found out I could. Can’t wait to run with my new coworkers!
6. I went to Smorgasborg in DUMBO, Brooklyn and enjoyed lots of delicious schnitzel and large donuts from Dough.
7. I’ve been running a lot, and feeling pretty good while doing it. Most recently I ran my last long run before the half at 10 miles across the bridges and the West Side. I’ll admit I have some lingering pain below my knee but I’m still hoping it goes away with more strength training. Its not awful though, so crossing my fingers it just disappears and I never have to worry about it again. Hey, it could happen!
8. I ate free Pinkberry every Wednesday this month. Pinkberry had a promotion this month for their new Greek frozen yogurt and has been giving away free cups every Wednesday in April between 11am-2pm. So needless to say I got on line early to get my froyo on.
9. I got lots of goodies from the amazing people at Vega and got to try out some amazing products from their Sport Edition. I especially love the cookie dough protein bar.. its de-licious and full of protein for post-run. If you haven’t check out the free Thrive Forward Sport Edition program (especially all you health-conscious runners out there) for lots of tips and recipes!
10. I’ll be running a half marathon on Sunday. Anyone else running the Nike DC Half?!
Whew, that was a lot of info to update you all on. Now tell me what you’ve been up to, I missed you all!
PS. stay tuned for quite a few giveaways. They got backed up because of the transfer but soon to come!