Today’s workout: PT exercises, random ab workout
This week is the return of Three Things Thursday! I know how you all missed my incoherent ramblings last Thursday, so I’m bringing it back. Enjoy
1. This month is my first time doing the Foodie Pen Pals, organized and run by Lindsay@Lean Green Bean! Its an awesome program where you get randomly paired up with another person and send them food from your area, food you love, etc. and then someone else sends you some goodies! Not only is it a cool way to try new foods, but also meet new people. I’ve been chatting with fellow blogger Britt@Britt’s Blurbs who writes an awesome food blog (seriously, her food looks incredible, check it out!!). She will be sending me some goodies to try and I can’t wait. I love meeting new people!
I’m also getting together some items to send to my own foodie pen pal! Honestly there’s so many things I want to send but the limit is $15 so I have to control myself and pick some key items. I’ll let you know what they are after she gets them The reveal of what I get from Britt will be at the end of the month.
2. This Monday my freedom and easy lifestyle is over. Yes, I am starting fieldwork for my grad program: the last step before officially completing the program! The only good thing is that there’s no more classes. So I will be working in a hospital in NYC full time for 12 weeks and then again in another hospital in the fall for another 12 weeks.
Sadly though this means no more day-time gym classes or walks around the park in the middle of the afternoon. But it does mean that I’m closer to becoming a licensed occupational therapist and eventually getting a JOB! A real job! I’m scared/excited/nervous about starting but I’m looking forward to helping people.
3. So you all know how I bought that Lifebooker deal for a monthly membership at Crunch gym, right? If you didn’t here some of my reviews of their classes. I’ve been loving that gym but sadly my deal is about to expire. Today the people at Crunch gave me a call and were trying to get me to renew for the whole year. But honestly that’s not in my poor student budget right now.
But they do have a summer deal for students that I decided to take advantage of. I decided to take the plunge and buy a 3 month membership for the summer for around $200. Unlimited gym AND classes! Amazing!! I’m so excited I was able to get this deal and continue with some of the great classes they have. Since I’m starting fieldwork next week I’ll have to start going in the evening instead of the daytime. But as long as I can get my spin on once in a while I’m happy!
Now for the three things questions.
3 places I’ve lived:
1. Staten Island – where I grew up
2. New Jersey- where I went to college
3. Brooklyn – where I live now
3 things I am looking forward to this summer:
1. Flip flops!
2. The beach, NYC Parks, and weekend trips
3. Ice cream or froyo on a hot day
3 non-running outdoor activities I love:
1. Hiking – especially somewhere beautiful with lots of trees
3. Swimming – in a pool though, salt from the ocean on my skin bothers me!
PS. I’m leaving for Lake Placid in the morning so I’m not sure what my blog-post schedule will be like. Apparently the hotel has free WiFi (hoping that’s true) so I’m planning on posting about my trip. But if I seem MIA, that’s why! Enjoy your weekend
Tell me 3 random things about your day!
Answer any of the 3 things questions above.