Today’s Workout: glutes and lower body strengthening, 1.25 mile run
Welcome to the new and (maybe) improved Thursday blog posts at Run Like a Grl! Yesterday I instituted monthly goal writing and now, in the spirit of alliteration, this day of the week will be called Three Things Thursday. Everyone get excited! My goal is to start off each post with three random things and then answer a series of “3 things” questions. Read on and you’ll see!
1. I finished reading all three Hunger Games books! I couldn’t put them down the other day and kept reading and reading. I’m one of those people who just has to know the ending! I’m happy with the way it ended overall but won’t hint at anything in case you aren’t done reading the books. In summary, I loved them. Now I can’t wait until the rest of the movies come out! I need my daily dose of Katniss…
2. In keeping with the Hunger Games theme, I found out recently that New York Sports Club had a Hunger Games-inspired workout class. It was called Train Like a Tribute. And yep, they had Katniss crunches and Peeta pushups. I’m not sure if they offer the class anymore (seems to have run until the end of April) but I’m hoping they bring it back. I want to do some archery!
3. I bought a 30 day unlimited membership to Crunch gym from Lifebooker today. It is a full-access pass, so it includes classes. I’m glad I wrote my May goals down yesterday because now I’m working on them… well, goal number 2 anyway. I’ve really haven’t taken many classes before but I need some motivation to workout. The gym and elliptical are getting super boring. And now that I’ve spent $40 on a membership, I’ll definitely be going. Anyone been to Crunch in NYC and have any good class suggestions?
Now that I’ve listed 3 random things, I’m going to answer some “3 things” questions. Enjoy!
3 things I do with greek yogurt:
1. Eat it for breakfast with granola and honey
2. Put it into a smoothie
3. Add spices, make it into a tzatziki-type sauce and eat with pita and rice
3 jobs I’ve had:
1. Babysitter (still do this!)
2. Camp counselor for 3 summers with a crazy group of 5 year olds
3. Rehab tech at a PT/OT office
3 favorite iPhone apps:
1. Viggle- I love getting points for watching TV!
2. Draw Something
3. Plants vs Zombies – I know, I’m like a little kid.
Tell me three random things about your day!
Answer any of the “3 things” questions above.