Today’s Workout: PT exercises
1. So first I want to apologize that I haven’t posted as much lately! Fieldwork started this week for my occupational therapy graduate program and its been a whirlwind. I’m acclimating to the environment, to treating patients on my own (ahh!), and the workload. I’ll prepare better in the future so I don’t leave you all hanging like this! If you are so inclined, you can follow me on twitter in order to keep up with me a bit better. Also, send me tweets if you want, I love to chat
2. I’m taking some time off from running. I am both happy and sad about this. Honestly I haven’t done much of anything this week in terms of fitness for the reasons I described in my first “thing” (I haven’t had a minute to breathe this week). Boo I stink for not working out enough! But I am going to spin class tomorrow.
I also have been going to PT religiously and my therapist has me do a ton of squats and lower body strengthening. Goodie goodie! Now this is my area of weakness (obviously based on the state of my knee) so its a lot of work for me. I’m thinking that between the rest and the PT, maybe this IT Band will leave me the heck alone for good! I do need to start training for the Reach the Beach relay I’m running in October so I’ll have to come up with a training plan soon for the summer (any training plan ideas for a relay?). So exciting!
3. This weekend is my dad’s birthday and its also fathers day! Since my Dad is the greatest (not just my opinion, its fact! . I got him a great gift to celebrate. I can’t tell you all what it is yet in case he reads this but I think he will like it. It’ll be a good addition to the “dad cave” we are trying to set up in my parent’s basement. The man needs a space to watch the Yankees in peace! I am planning on a whole fathers day post just to tell you all a bit more about how awesome my dad is. But I just wanted to say thanks to my dad for always being there for me and for always being so selfless. What do you love about your dad?
Now for some three things questions!
The last three things I ate:
1. Tilapia and asparagus
2. Think Thin Bar: Chunky PB
3. Dried mango slices
Three things I’m looking forward to:
1. Picking up my new bike this weekend!
2. Dinner date with Karl tomorrow night
3. Sleeping til later than 6AM on Saturday morning
Three things I wanted to be growing up:
1. Astronomer (my parents even bought me a telescope!)
3. Pitcher for the USA Women’s Olympic softball team.. I wish I had Jennie Finch’s job!
Tell me random three things about your day.
Answer any of the three things questions above!